CSR & Sustainability Policy
The Nanba Group is committed working towards sustainable development and establishing, promoting and maintaining a culture in sustainability and environmental and social responsibility within its staff and members.
The Nanba Group fosters governance and leadership in sustainability and work collaboratively to avoid and minimize adverse impacts of our activities on the environment and society, reduce its footprint and work towards having a more sustainable organization.
- Integrate community investment considerations into decision-making and business practices.
- Learn from, respect and enhance the communities in which we operate by acting sustainably.
- Integrate waste avoidance and reduction initiatives that focus on optimizing the efficiencies of space, time and materials.
- Conduct business in a safe, socially responsible and ethical manner.
- Engage with our suppliers to improve the sustainability performance of our supply chain.
- Seek to endorse and deliver cleaner and more efficient energy solutions.
- Recognize the ‘triple bottom line’ (environmental, social and economic) benefits of CSR & Sustainability initiatives.
- Achieve objectives and implement actions identified across the following sustainability priority areas: energy, waste, water, social and economic, office and venue buildings, procurement, HR and administration.
-Aims to lead by example in the area of CSR and Sustainability.
Recognize the need for vigilance and continuous improvement in the implementation development of CSR and Sustainability practices.
Our responsibility encompasses interaction with:
▪ Our marketplace
▪ Our environment
▪ Our community
▪ Our people
Demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility and the Sustainability of our business activities is a course of which we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the social and economic needs of our Customers, whilst embedding responsible and ethical business policies and practices into everything we do. Nanba Group is committed to the following CSR principles:
▪ We ensure our compliance with our ethical trading policy
▪ We maintain compliance with our adopted policies as incorporated into our BSI accredited Integrated Management System
▪ We manage our business with pride and integrity
▪ We are committed to full legal compliance in all that we do
▪ We aim to provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees
▪ We actively access and manage the environmental impacts of all our operations
▪ We will further develop our standing as a responsible business in the community
▪ We will benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace
▪ We will continually benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance
We recognize that our day-to-day practices can have an adverse effect on the environment. Our sustainability policy is to minimize our negative environmental impacts.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Nanba Group commits to implement this policy throughout the organization by:
▪ Maximizing emission savings of our activities
▪ Minimizing consumption of resources and waste arising
▪ Complying with all relevant environmental legislation
▪ Maintaining the ISO 14001 standard for all Nanba Group operational locations
▪ Training staff on our sustainability objectives
▪ Communicating and reporting progress, both internally and externally
▪ Operating in a socially and ethically responsible manner
▪ Using all suitable opportunities to influence our partners, suppliers and sub contractors to improve their own environmental performance.
Travel and meetings:
▪ Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive
▪ Minimize the use of air travel and when travelling to Europe, actively encourage the use of trains
▪ Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners
▪ Reduce the need for our staff to travel by promoting the use of public transport, walking and cycling and encouraging the use of low emission vehicles
▪ We actively recycle all paper waste, bottles, cans, cardboard and batteries
▪ Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste
▪ We recycle all printing consumables
▪ Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping
▪ Where possible purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximize the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes